Thursday 27 September 2007

The Hippo had arrived!

A few weeks ago I requested a copy of a strip from one of my favourite web comics and it arrived today. You can see the comic at Bunny and when I first saw it and then heard about the ability to get copies of it I knew that I had to get it. And for one reason only, as it ties into the long running joke in my house about Hippos living in the airing cupboard. And in my house this is true, there is a hippo in the cupboard and in a fit of boredom I even worked out why he was there. You see the hippo protects the towels from being stolen by owls who want them so they can dry themselves off after they've had their baths!
The thing with me and my family is that we do have this ability to act very childlike at times, to the extent of having fights with soft toys late at night, and discussing the merits of using Bonobos for world domination ( there are other theories as to how to achieve this, my personal favourite includes the use of elephants and zebras!). This is really refreshing as there isn't this need to be serious and adult all the time, and I think that everyone in this world should occasionally let their inner child out to play for a while, as long as it is appropriate, I mean acting childlike in the middle of a serious business meeting isn't probably the best thing to do, although it might make things more interesting!

No comments: