Monday 3 September 2007

Moonlight

So, I just felt that I really wanted to post something positive and I found something: the way the world looks when it's bathed in moonlight. I am so lucky that I live in the middle of the country as there is no light pollution. Tonight it is a half moon and it is so bright, everything is clear and the sky is littered with stars, it looked so amazing and unfortunately I just cant find the right words to describe it.
But maybe it is enough to use the cliche that it took my breath away, everything seemed so perfect and for that time I felt a part of the universe, OK a small and insignificant part, but a part nonetheless. Just looking up at the sky above makes you realise how big the universe is and it amazes me that the light of the stars has taken thousands of years to reach us and yet they shine so bright against the indigo of the sky.
And the other thing was how silent the world was, there was no cars, no birds just a comforting silence that wrapped itself around and speaking would break it into a million shards destroying the feeling of peace that entered into my mind calming and pacifying all the negative thoughts that were threatening to overwhelm me.

No comments: