Monday 8 October 2007

Curious

Sometimes I wonder if I have managed to wander into a different world. I have been looking through the forums for my new course ( a dangerous pastime) and I almost feel like a two year old who has no knowledge about anything. The people in there all seem to be so intelligent and brainy and yet I can't help but wonder if they are talking about the same course as me. I think I missed something somewhere and I don't quite know what it is.
But what I have learnt is to just ignore them and concentrate on what I think and not get too worked up about what they are saying, but at the same time because of the type of person I am I can't help but doubt my own thoughts. I suppose this will ease with time, but it does get slightly annoying.
I was sitting thinking today ( a rare occurrence!) and came to the conclusion that I am like a tangle of wool. I need to be re-wound neatly but it is impossible to find the end with which to start. And I have the bad habit of just pulling from the middle at random and making the knots even tighter. So my task seems to be patient and gently tease out the threads until I find an end that I can use to unravel the rest before gently winding it back into order.
A good thing about today is that I finally got some fabric, so I can finish making a new cushion, all I need to do now is set up the sewing machine again and spend the needed hours choosing what buttons I want to use on it. And I have to admit there is something fascinating about buttons, as a child I remember spending hours playing with my mums collection and now I seem to be creating my own, especially since I buy them online and the order must be more than £10, which equates to quite a few buttons. But then again I'm the same with embroidery thread, I just keep buying it simply because I like the colours and the way the thread feels and looks. I'm probably slightly strange in this respect but there is something so satisfying about getting new threads or buttons in preparation for a new project, it's almost more exciting than the final product. And OU courses are similar, there is nothing like the excitement you feel when you get that package full of your brand new coursework. It is just exciting, but then again I would get excited about anything if it was wrapped up, I am a sucker for presents!

No comments: