Tuesday 2 October 2007

Autumn has arrived.

Well at least where I am. Today was a gorgeous autumn day, the sun was shining and the sky was pretty clear from clouds, and because of this I made the decision to go for a walk and since it was so pleasant outside I even decided to sit on a bench and just enjoy the sunshine. And that is the advantage of living in a pretty isolated area as no-one was around to bother me or make me feel anxious.
The other reason I know that autumn has arrived is that the geese are flying over the house again. Every year at this time the Barnacle geese and pink feet geese arrive back and you can't help but feel uplifted by the sound of them returning. And if we are really lucky they sometimes come to feed in the fields round my house and you are able to watch them really clearly, which is a fantastic thing. The truth is that no matter where I am the sound of geese always make me think of home.
I remember one year being awake at about seven in the morning and going outside to watch these swirling clouds of geese just flying round my house, I think I stood there for about half an hour just watching them and in some ways wishing that I could be able to do that, just flap my arms and then soar high above the world.
As another positive I have been sleeping better the last few nights, and it is amazing how much of a difference it make to me, but then again now that I have said something what's the betting that I won't be able to sleep as well tonight! Sods law will come into play again, but as I have learnt over many sleepless nights the best thing to do is just wait and see and try not to worry as that only makes things worse. I just wish I could apply that thought to the rest of my life.

No comments: